The Rausser College of Natural Resources includes UC Berkeley faculty, Cooperative Extension specialists, graduate students, and undergraduates working in a variety of research areas related to:
- Agriculture and agricultural economics
- Energy technologies and policy
- Environmental and climate-change science, policy, and ecology
- Fire science, safety, and policy
- Food safety, food supply, food additives
- Insects and wildlife biology
- Natural Resources: science, ecology, and conservation of water, soil, and energy.
- Obesity, childhood obesity, nutrition
- Plant and microbial biology, genetically modified organisms
- Sustainable energy, farming systems, natural resource management, etc.